Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yum Yum Sauce

Every year for my birthday, my grandparents would come to visit and would insist on taking me and my family out to a Japanese Steakhouse. The kind of restaurant where the chef would cook in front of you, light things on fire, toss food into the air, and generally put on a huge show. I loved the show and the delicious soup, rice, and stirfry that came along with it.

Of course, one of the best parts of the restaurant was the yum yum sauce. The creamy, pale pink sauce that went well on just about anything. Vegetables, shrimp, scallops, steak, rice - anything you were given, it just made it taste better. If only I had that sauce, I feel as if I could eat vegetables for the rest of my life and be happy. Well my friends, I have discovered a recipe for yum yum sauce and I am pleased to say that while its not quite as good as my grandparent's japanese steakhouse version, its darn near close. And now I am sharing this wonderful sauce with you.


Yum Yum Sauce
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (I used light)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika


Directions:


Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until everything is combined, which should take about a minute in order to thoroughly mix the water and mayonnaise together. Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for about 8 hours in order to let the flavors blend together. This will keep for about 5 days if you keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.















No comments:

Post a Comment